DNA Avuncular Test Aunty or Uncle with Child relationship - 45 markers
Sample Type: EDTA Blood 3ml, One drop Blood FTA Card, Swabs, 2 uml DNA
Reporting Time: 3 working days
DNA test requires that all tested parties have their samples collected at a certified facility — such as local hospital, medical offices, Certified Diagnostic centers and health departments. When you contact DNA Labs India, a scheduling specialist will find an office near you to arrange an appointment.
One advantage of using DNA Labs India over other companies is that we have the largest network of certified facilites in India, so finding a convenient location near you is easy!
41 markers is the most advanced, most accurate DNA Test available. Using more markers allow for the best DNA Test possible.
When the issue of an avuncular relationship is in question, the recommended method to test the available parent of the child in question if at all possible. In situations where the child’s parent is unavailable for testing, a avuncular DNA test can still be performed.
Unlike a DNA paternity test which will always provide a conclusive result, avuncular DNA tests are different. When an avuncular DNA test is conducted, the laboratory will determine the genetic profile of the alleged relatives Based on the type of genetic material exhibited by each person, an avuncular index is determined. If the avuncular index is less than 1.00, this indicates non-relatedness. If the avuncular index is greater than 1.00, this indicates that the two tested individuals are more likely to be true biological relatives. The higher the value of the avuncular index, the greater the likelihood that the two individuals are true biological relatives. We use state of the art robotic DNA testing equipment yielding the most accurate results in the industry.
- Avuncular testing assesses whether an individual is the Aunt or Uncle of another person. This type of case is often used when the alleged parent of the person is deceased and/or unwilling to participate in testing and a brother or sister of the alleged parent is still alive and available for testing. The sample of the Mother is recommended to strengthen the results of the test but is not necessary.
- This DNA test can be used to assess genes from the paternal (or maternal) side of the family, even when DNA from the alleged father (or mother) is unavailable, by establishing a link between the DNA of a child and the DNA of an alleged grandparent, aunt or uncle. It is important to note that grandparents, aunts and uncles will have only one quarter of their genes in common with a child, whereas parents and children have half their genes in common. Because of this two-fold dilution of genes, the test cannot achieve as accurate results as a parent-offspring DNA test. Nonetheless, it will provide a numerical probability for the alleged familial relationship.
At DNA Labs India, we are dedicated to quality DNA testing. We know that you need accurate, reliable results for such an important test, and we are committed to providing you with high quality DNA testing services. By choosing DNA Labs India, you will receive the highest quality, most conclusive results in the industry.
- AABB: The AABB is a United States-based professional body and standards organization that was founded in 1947 as the American Association of Blood Banks.
- NATA: The National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accreditation provides a means of determining, recognizing and promoting the competence of facilities to perform specific types of testing and provides formal recognition to competent testing facilities, thus providing a ready means for customers to identify and select reliable testing services.
- ISO 17025 is the global standard for the technical competence of calibration and testing labs
- The A2LA is the largest multi-discipline laboratory accreditation system in the United States and is recognized by Accreditation Bodies in the European Union and other International Communities.
- In light of the amendment of ISO 9001:2008, the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) have issued a revised communiqué declaring that the management system requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 meet the principles of ISO 9001:2008.
- CAP: The College of American Pathologists, the principal organization of board-certified pathologists, serves and represents the interest of patients, pathologists, and the public by fostering excellence in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) in 1988 establishing quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed.
- The International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) first started as a conference in 1977 with the aim of developing international cooperation for facilitating trade by promotion of the acceptance of accredited test and calibration results.
- FDA: Swabs and lancets are sterilized in accordance with ANSI/AMMI/ISO Guidelines and are validated as "sterile" by third party FDA registered facilities. You may have total confidence in knowing that the products used to collect your samples are in compliance with the strictest requirements in the world, ensuring your safety and personal health.
Our tests offer technical accuracy and the highest probabilities. The industrys highly accurate STR system that enables DNA typing, boasting a guarantee of 99.999% for inclusions and 100% for exclusions in DNA testing. The system is also used for forensic DNA profiling and genetic fingerprinting
The accuracy of a DNA test is dependent upon a number of factors. The main factors which affect the accuracy/power of a DNA test are as listed:
- Run each test twice, following the most stringent procedures to guarantee accurate and conclusive results.
- Complete testing in 3 working days
- Follow a strict Chain of Custody to ensure results are legally admissible.
- Maintain confidentiality of each case using strict communication protocols.
- Schedule convenient appointments close to your home or office through our comprehensive network of collection sites.
Since this is probably your first DNA test, and every situation is unique, we highly recommend you call our DNA experts to ensure you get the test thats right for you.
DNA labs India offers a private home DNA test and a legal DNA test. Both options allow clients to take a DNA test with the highest levels of confidentiality
The difference is that the legal DNA test requires DNA sample collection by a trained technician at one of our DNA sample collection centers. A home DNA test allows clients to collect their own samples in the privacy of their own homes.
In both tests, we employ several security safeguards to ensure that your information is kept private and confidential. For example, we take steps to verify each caller’s identity to ensure that they are authorized to receive any information about a case.
DNA tests initiated through DNA Labs India are private and confidential we do not provide any of your DNA information to government entities unless you direct us to do so.
For court-admissible testing, DNA Labs India arranges DNA sample collection appointments where each person being tested provides a copy of their ID (a driver’s license or recent photo). The collector makes sure each person’s samples are attached to the correct ID, and then sends the samples directly to the lab. This chain-of-custody process both proof of identity and proof of Legal Evidence to the court.
About Legal DNA Testing:
Because it is being used for court-related purposes, it is required that a certified professional must collect the samples and handling during legal DNA testing. In short, however, provided the steps below are followed exactly, the DNA test results from your legal DNA test will be admissible in court:
- One (1) certified professional must collect the samples.
- The certified professional collects the sample or observes the sample collection, according to the instructions.
- Certified professional and sample providers then complete and sign the required paperwork as indicated on the examples provided.
- Test participants must provide positive identification.*
- Test participants (or legal guardian in the case of a minor or legally incompetent adult) and Certified Professional must sign and date copies of positive identification.
- The Certified professional then packages and seals the completed legal DNA test in the provided container.
- Finally, the certified professional must seal and send, via 2nd-day courier, to DLI.
- Also, a copy of a birth announcement or certificate is required for children younger than three (3) years old at time the legal DNA testing occurs.
*Acceptable proof of positive identification for legal DNA testing includes one of the following (signed and dated):
- A recent photograph that clearly identifies legal DNA test participants.
- A clearly legible, color copy of a Military ID or Govt ID
- A clearly legible, color copy of a State Drivers License.
- A clearly legible, color copy of a State or Central Govt.
Disclaimer: Because courts and laws vary by state, DLI cannot guarantee a judge will accept the results of this legal DNA test as qualified evidence. If you complete the test, following all instructions exactly, however, and certified professional is available to testify in court regarding the administration of the test, the DNA test results should be admissible in a court of law. If you still have questions regarding the admissibility of legal DNA testing, please consult your lawyer.