ThermoFisher ION torrent platform Yourgene NIPT test Details:
NIPT results are available in as little as 10 days, allowing pregnant women fast, reliable results and reducing the need for invasive tests and the associated stress and anxiety.
The Yourgene NIPT test is a screening test which estimates the probability that the fetus is affected with:
- Trisomy 21 (Down’s syndrome)
- Trisomy 18 (Edwards’ syndrome)
- Trisomy 13 (Patau’s syndrome)
Key features of the Yourgene NIPT test:
- Results available in 7-10 days from sample receipt
- European CE-marked in vitro diagnostic assay
- The only NIPT with the option to incorporate the prior risk from the combined test >99% detection rate and <1% false-positive rate
- Low re-draw rate of <0.5%
- Measures fetal fraction, requiring as little as ≥2%
How does the Yourgene NIPT test work?
The Yourgene NIPT test directly measures the change of DNA ratio in the maternal plasma when fetal Trisomy 21, 18 or 13 is present. During pregnancy, the placenta leaks cell-free DNA which circulates in the maternal bloodstream.
As a result, a maternal plasma sample contains a mixture of placental and maternal circulating DNA. The Yourgene NIPT test employs Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies to count the number of fragments of the chromosomes to calculate this ratio, hence providing a risk of an affected pregnancy.
What samples are needed for NIPT Test?
A maternal blood sample of 10mL is taken from 10 weeks gestation and is collected using Streck cell-free DNA BCT CE blood collection tubes.
DNA Labs India can provide Streck tubes, packaging and pre-paid shipping packs for hospitals and doctors wishing to send their samples to us.
What is NIPT Test Quality?
Yourgene test is a regulated CE-marked in vitro diagnostic test, giving confidence and reliability in the results to clinicians. Quality is key at DNA Labs India and pregnant women can be confident they will receive their NIPT results from a regulated and trusted clinical laboratory.
What is the cost of NIPT IonTorrent test?
The cost of NIPT IonTorrent test is 12000/- and results are accurate up to 99.99%. Click here if you are looking for NIPT Illumina Test.
Who can have the NIPT test?
- The NIPT test is available for singleton and twin pregnancies and also fertility assisted pregnancies including surrogates, donor or IVF pregnancies.
- The NIPT test is suitable for women who are at least 10 weeks pregnant.