When is Karyotping recommended
- 1 year ago
- 0 Comments
When is Karyotyping recommended?
Karyotyping is recommended to check if there are any chromosomal abnormalities, whether it is structural or numerical.
There are many situations in which a karyotype may be recommended by your physician. These might include:
- Infants or children who have medical conditions which suggest a chromosomal abnormality that has not yet been diagnosed.
- Adults who have symptoms suggestive of a chromosomal abnormality (for example, men with Klinefelter's disease may go undiagnosed until puberty or adulthood.) Some of the mosaic trisomy disorders may also go undiagnosed.
- Infertility - A genetic karyotype may be done for infertility. As noted above, some chromosomal abnormalities may go undiagnosed until adulthood. A woman with Turner syndrome or a man with one of the variants of Klinefelter's may not be aware of the condition until they are coping with infertility.
- Prenatal testing - In some cases, such as translocation Down syndrome, the condition may be hereditary and parents may be tested if a child has been born with Down syndrome. (It's important to note that most of the time Down syndrome is not a hereditary disorder but rather a chance mutation.)
- Stillbirth - A karyotype is often done as part of the testing following a stillbirth.
- Frequent miscarriages - A parental karyotype is done between both partners, recurrent miscarriages may give clues as to the reasons for these devastating recurring losses. It's thought that chromosomal abnormalities, such as trisomy 16 are the cause of almost least 50 per cent of miscarriages.
- Leukaemia - Karyotype testing may also be done to help diagnose leukaemias, for example, by looking for the Philadelphia chromosome or chromosome 22 found in some people with chronic myelogenous leukaemia or acute lymphocytic leukaemia.
Where can I get the Karyotyping DNA test done in India
DNA Labs India is a leading molecular diagnostic company dedicated to making a difference in patient’s lives through the discovery and commercialization of transformative tests to assess a person’s risk of developing disease, guide treatment decisions and assess the risk of disease progression and recurrence.
How can I Test for Karyotyping DNA Test?
Visit the website www.dnalabsindia.com, for any DNA test. We can help you get your DNA test done. We have services in over 180 cities in India. Call us on the below mention no.s or visit our sample collection centre nearby your location.
It is safe, secure, confidential and best of all, an easy process. Avoid the hassle of one day off from your work, Traffic, Pollution. Our Highly Qualified sample collector will Visit your Home for Sample Collection as per your Convenient Time slot booked by you.
To know more about the test or to schedule a test, contact us on the following no. for major metropolitan cities
New Delhi: (011) 40849842
Mumbai : (022) 48937160
Kolkata : (033) 40836441
Chennai : (044) 48137110
Bangalore : (080) 45684079
Hyderabad : (040) 49171772
Ahmedabad : (079) 49107674