What is the cost of Karyotyping DNA test in India?
- 2 years ago
- 0 Comments
The Karyotyping test cost in India varies costs ₹4,000. The Karyotyping Test cost varies due to the use of different methodologies or technology and the quality of the data, low or high resolution.
A list of the different karyotyping tests is given below:-
|Karyotyping Test Name||Test Cost|
|Karyotyping From Blood Test||Rs.4000|
|Peripheral blood for High-Resolution karyotyping (SINGLE) Test||Rs.4000|
|Peripheral blood for High-Resolution karyotyping (COUPLE) Test||Rs.7600|
|KARYOTYPING FOR DETECTION OF Fragile X Syndrome Test||Rs.8000|
|Chromosome Breakage Study Test||Rs.10000|
|Bonemarrow Karyotyping Test||Rs.4400|
|Karyotyping For Products Of Conception (POC) Test||Rs.18000|
|MOLECULAR KARYOTYPING FOR AMNIOTIC FLUID Test||Rs.18000|
What is a karyotype test?
A karyotype test uses blood or body fluids to analyze your chromosomes. Chromosomes are the parts of our cells that contain genes, which consist of DNA. You inherit genes from your parents. Genes determine your traits, such as your eye and skin colour.
Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes (46 chromosomes total). You receive half from your mother and a half from your father. But sometimes people are missing chromosomes or have extra chromosomes. Or their chromosomes might be an abnormal size, shape or sequence (order). Unusual chromosomes can mean that you have a genetic disease or disorder.
For what conditions Karyotyping is Done
Karyotyping is done to:
- Find out whether the chromosomes of an adult have a change that can be passed on to a child.
- Find out whether a chromosome defect is preventing a woman from becoming pregnant or is causing miscarriages.
- Find out whether a chromosome defect is present in a fetus.
- Karyotyping also may be done to find out whether chromosomal problems may have caused a fetus to be stillborn.
- Find out the cause of a baby’s birth defects or disability.
- Help determine the appropriate treatment for some types of cancer.
What is the price of Karyotyping Test?
Karyotyping Test price depends upon the type of Karyotyping test being performed, please contact us to get more details
When is a karyotype test needed?
Adults may need this type of genetic testing if they:
- Are having trouble getting pregnant or getting their partner pregnant. Sometimes male or female infertility is the result of a genetic disorder.
- Have certain cancers or blood disorders. Diseases such as anaemia leukaemia lymphoma or multiple myeloma can change your chromosomes. Finding these abnormalities with karyotyping can guide your treatment.
- Have a family history of certain genetic diseases. Chromosome analysis can determine if you have abnormal chromosomes and what the chances are of passing them to your children.
What do karyotype test results mean?
Abnormal karyotype test results could mean that you or your baby have unusual chromosomes. This may indicate genetic diseases and disorders such as:
- Down syndrome (also known as trisomy 21), causes developmental delays and intellectual disabilities.
- Edwards syndrome (also known as trisomy 18), which causes severe problems in the lungs, kidneys and heart.
- Patau syndrome causes poor development in the womb and low birth weight.
- Turner syndrome, which prevents girls and women from developing female characteristics.
Are there any risks with a karyotype test?
There are no significant risks with a blood test, but you might experience:
- Light bleeding where the needle went into your vein.
- Soreness on the inside of your arm.
Where can I get the Karyotyping test done in India?
DNA Labs India is a leading molecular diagnostic company dedicated to making a difference in patients’ lives through the discovery and commercialization of transformative tests to assess a person’s risk of developing a disease, guide treatment decisions, and assess the risk of disease progression and recurrence.
How can I book my Karyotyping DNA Tests in India?
Visit the website www.dnalabsindia.com, for any DNA test. We can help you get your DNA test done. We have services in over 180 cities in India. Call us on below mentioned no.s or visit any Sample collection centre near to your location.
It is very easy to order a Karyotyping DNA Test. It is safe, secure, confidential and best of all, an easy process. Avoid the hassle of one day off from your work, Traffic, and Pollution. Our Highly Qualified sample collector will Visit your Home for Sample Collection at your Convenient Time slot booked by you.
To know more about the test or to schedule a test you contact us at the following no. for major metropolitan cities
New Delhi: (011) 40849842
Mumbai : (022) 48937160
Kolkata : (033) 40836441
Chennai : (044) 48137110
Bangalore : (080) 45684079
Hyderabad : (040) 49171772
Ahmedabad : (079) 49107674