What is Microarray DNA test?
Microarray DNA test is a genomics technology which used to find multiple gene sequences and locations with better precision at much faster speed compared to other technologies like PCR, QPCR (qualitative Polymerase Chain Reaction).
Microarray which means very small arrangement. The array is created using multiple copies of the genes on a glass slide, with each array contributing hundreds and thousands of genes at a single location which are in form of both horizontal and vertical.
A DNA microarray technology allows us to screen multiple genetic variations on thousands of gene at the same time.
- Each spot on a microarray contains multiple identical strands of DNA.
- The DNA sequence on each spot is unique.
- Each spot represents one gene.
- Thousands of spots are arrayed in orderly rows and columns on a solid surface (usually glass).
- The precise location and sequence of each spot is recorded in a computer database.
- Microarrays can be the size of a microscope slide, or even smaller.
The Microarray has led scientific venture into many sectors in genomics from discovering new genes, expression of the gene based on different metabolic pathway.
Microarray works on the same technology as PCR, and RT-PCRs, which works on a much grander scale where instead screening one, two or maybe 20 genes, it screens thousands of genes at same.
The Microarray technology is more complex than any PCR reaction, instead of 10 or 20 pairs of primers, there thousands of complementary DNA or cDNA, gDNA and oligonucleotide created for each gene which will be tested or screened. These cDNA are made from mRNA of cells where the mRNA transcribes the DNA and travels across the cell to enoplasm recticulum for protein synthesis. The mRNAs are isolated and with help reverse transcriptase from viruses, the RNA is converted into multiple copies of cDNA.
The prepared cDNA is labelled and Hybridization on the transparent glass microarray, hundreds and thousands of the cDNA are immobilized on the glass surface. Each spot in the glass contains multiple copies of cDNA of one gene and there are thousands of these spot on one chip containing multiple genes.
There are different types of micro array based on various research or data required:-
- Micro array mutation analysis : For this analysis, the researchers use gDNA. The genes might differ from each other by as less as a single nucleotide base. A single base difference between two sequences is known as Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) and detecting them is known as SNP detection
- Microarray gene expression analysis : In this experimental setup, the cDNA derived from the mRNA of known genes is immobilized. The sample has genes from both the normal as well as the diseased tissues. Spots with more intensity are obtained for diseased tissue gene if the gene is over expressed in the diseased condition. This expression pattern is then compared to the expression pattern of a gene responsible for a disease.
- Comprehensive Genomic analysis: It is used for the identification in the increase or decrease of the important chromosomal fragments harboring genes involved in a disease.
Where can i get Microarray DNA test done in India
DNA Labs India, is a leading molecular diagnostic company dedicated to making a difference in patient’s lives through the discovery and commercialization of transformative tests to assess a person’s risk of developing disease, guide treatment decisions and assess the risk of disease progression and recurrence.
How can I book my Microarray DNA Tests in India?
Visit website www.dnalabsindia.com, for any DNA test. We can help you get your DNA test done. We have services in over 180 cities in India. Call us on below mention no.s or visit our sample collection center nearby your location.
It is very easy to microarray DNA test. It is safe, secure, confidential and best of all, an easy process. Avoid the hassle of one day off from your work, Traffic, Pollution. Our Highly Qualified sample collector will Visit your Home for Sample Collection as per your Convenient Time slot booked by you.
To know more about the test or to schedule a test you contact us on following no. for major metropolitan cities
[table id=1 /]